In this new role as Business Controller at Coulisse, you will fill a key position and act as the link between the financial data and the business. As a business partner, you are able to translate commercial ideas and opportunities into financial scenarios with your clear and future-oriented vision. You challenge our management and offer advice pertaining to complex financial matters. Furthermore, you provide insight into our organisation’s commercial performance and contribute to our ability to make the right financial and operational decisions.
Your role as Business Controller
As a Business Controller, you collaborate closely with the Financial Controller. Together, you are responsible for executing and safeguarding the entire planning and control process. Your focus is on sparring about and providing insight into commercial opportunities and facts, which you translate into financial consequences.
- Acting as business partner for the management team regarding pricing strategies and offering commercial price support. You are also able to translate complex financial matters into easy-to-understand reports;
- Providing insight into financial information pertaining to customers, contracts and products (e.g. cashflow reports, forecasting, KPI reports and margins per product);
- Drawing up and analysing revenue and margin budgets and discussing these with the sales managers;
- Participating in project groups to discuss topics such as cost-saving initiatives and the profitability of projects;
- Safeguarding the financial process of (long-term) contracts.
Your work environment
You will work in Coulisse’s Finance department, which consists of two teams: Accounting and Controlling. The Controlling team is in charge of maintaining financial control within the organisation. We actively strive towards this goal by taking care of the entire planning and control process at Coulisse, in the broadest sense of the word. The Accounting team’s objective is to process and carry out all financial data and declarations in a timely, complete and correct manner. The result of the Accounting team’s activities forms the foundation for the Controlling team’s work.
In your position, you will report directly to the Manager Finance, who is a member of the executive management team.
Welcome to your new world
Coulisse has a down-to-earth and dynamic corporate culture that encourages initiative and hard work. Our employees particularly appreciate our open, pleasant atmosphere and the ample room we offer for personal and professional development.
At Coulisse, we live for window decoration. We design our own products and collections based on the latest trends and developments, which are then produced and marketed all over the world. Our product range includes roller blinds, pleated blinds, venetian blinds and more. Coulisse consists of two business units. The Components division focuses on supplying our products in parts to the made-to-measure sector, while the DIY division supplies finished products to the do-it-yourself market. This segmentation is found throughout our entire product range.
We are globally renowned for our sense of design and innovation and our marketing approach. With these, we create concepts, new functionalities, styles and moods and offer our clients unique opportunities to stand out in the market.
You are our new Business Controller if you:
- Have a university degree in an Economic or Business field (Business Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy or a HOFAM education);
- Have an excellent verbal and written command of English
- Have circa five years of experience in a similar position in an international commercial organisation;
- Possess knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Navision) and CRM systems (preferably Salesforce);
- Recognise yourself in our core values: customer-oriented, collaboration, solution-oriented.
Do you see yourself as a visionary with strong analytical skills? Do you also possess a healthy dose of entrepreneurship and do you show daring and initiative? If so, we would like to meet you.
What do we offer??
Coulisse is an organisation where driven, energetic professionals feel at home. We operate in a transparent manner and are always focussed on improvement and (personal) development in order to enjoy our work even more and achieve even better results together. Coulisse is constantly developing its professional work environment where employees feel involved in and proud of our organisation. We expect new colleagues to make a positive contribution to our excellent team atmosphere. Improvement suggestions are always welcome.
On top of all that, we also offer:
- A market-rate salary
- Thirty vacation days
- An excellent collective pension plan
- Travel allowance
- A pleasant atmosphere
Is this the perfect position for you?
Would you like to work at Coulisse as a Business controller? Submit your CV and motivation letter via email to Catharine Zwartbroek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An assessment is part of our selection process.
If you have any questions about the application process, the position or our organisation, feel free to contact Catharine Zwartbroek by calling 0547-855031.